Monday, November 15, 2010

An update (Courtney)

Well, I went out of town this weekend, and I didn't make arrangements for anyone to give my plants some lovin' while I was gone.  They looked pretty sad and neglected when I got home yesterday, but I think most of them are getting healthier now that I've given them some water.  I'm still a little worried about the oregano. 

Otherwise, however, things have been going well. I use at least one or two herbs every time I cook - which saves money and produces less waste (cause they go bad so fast when not rooted).  The jury is still out on my tomatoes and strawberries, but I guess I am doing everything right.  

I found this article in the New York Times - Hard to Kill: Houseplants for the Inept - and it is right up my alley.  Thought it might be helpful to some of you who want to surround yourself with living greenness but have a hard time keeping things alive. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/11/garden/11houseplants.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=house%20plants&st=cse

No comments:

Post a Comment